Sotogrande is one of the most discreet high end lifestyle resorts in Europe.
The resort spans 20 square kilometers from the Mediterranean Sea to the foothills of the Sierra Almenara – a location of outstanding natural beauty that has a vast amount to offer its international community of residents.
Sotogrande offers a secure, relaxed, healthy lifestyle, a sophisticated social scene and excellent sports facilities.
Sotogrande offers an extraordinary lifestyle in a unique location. Its world-class sports facilities include:
* Golf: There are five 18-hole golf courses in Sotogrande including Valderrama – host to the European Tour’s Volvo Masters and the 1997 Ryder Cup – ranked Europe’s no 1 course since 1980s. Others designed by leading golf course architects Cabell Robinson, Robert Trent Jones and Dave Thomas include the La Reserva Club de Golf, host of the PGA NH Collection Open tournament, the Real Club de Golf Sotogrande and The San Roque Club, with 36 holes.
* Polo: the resort’s eleven polo fields belong to the Santa Maria Polo Club, one of the best polo clubs in the world. The resort hosts the exclusive Polo Summer Season and more than 25 tournaments which see 800 players and 2,500 horses each year.
* Other sports: two tennis/padel clubs and Soto Tennis Academy; rugby club; two beach clubs; sailing club; equestrian centers.
* Marina: this plays a major part in the resort’s lifestyle. It covers 550,000 square meters and has 1,400 berths capable of taking boats of up to 70m long. Surrounded by bars, restaurants and shops, it is one of Sotogrande’s key social hubs. Residents in the marina can have boats moored outside their home.
* Beaches: the 2km-long Playa Sotogrande and El Cucurucho beach club, the 1km-long Playa Paseo del Mar with El Octógono Beach Club, plus a beach bar and watersports centre and quiet, isolated 5km-long Playa Guadalquiton just west of the resort.
* Nature: Sotogrande is surrounded by nature. The 1,308-hectare Alcaidesa natural reserve and the 35-hectare natural park offer ample opportunity to embrace nature.
* Community: Permanent and holiday residents enjoy an active social life and lifetime friendships. An impressive events calendar provides year-round entertainment.
* The Sotogrande International School has been a key factor of choice for families moving in the area over 35 years. Today, as a result of its commitment to an outstanding holistic education, SIS is recognized as one of the best IB schools in the world attracting students and families from more than 45 nationalities to enjoy the incomparable lifestyle of Sotogrande!