Experiences you should join in case you want to explore Madrid differently and learn about our culture – An Alternative Madrid
– La Tabacalera. This former tobacco factory located in Embajadores square is home to one of the most multicultural communities that exist in the city. Check the different workshops that offer yoga, salsa, reggae, graffiti… Its doors open at 6.00PM. All audiences welcome.
Street art tour Madrid. Local graffiti artists will show you Lavapiés neighborhood, the most multicultural district in the city center. Festivals such as CALLE, Urvanity or Muros Tabacalera take place in this popular neighborhood which is being hit by gentrification. Listen to the history and the techniques used by street art designers while working legally or illegaly.
– La Neomudejar. Madrid’s avant garde center offers the opportunity to travel back in time to a railway factory from the XIX century. It features visual art, brut art and different exhibitions along the year. Such a unique spot close to Atocha RENFE station, which is about to open its second spot. Check IVAHM festival’s website.
– Bike tour Madrid. Explore the city through its local communities and urban gardens. Solar Antonio Grilo, Esta es una Plaza or Campo de Cebada are some of the spaces spread around the city. Social educators will lead a unique experience with an approximate time duration of 2 and a half hours.
– Matadero Madrid. A contemporary arts space next to the Manzanares River. Attendees participate at any of the activities organized at a location which was previously used as a slaughter house.
– Parque de las siete tetas. This park offers the best panoramic views in the city. Photograph Almudena Cathedral, Casa de Campo and the four towers /Cuatro Torres business area. Enjoy a special sunset during summer time. Nearest metro station is Buenos Aires (line 1)