Very important information kindly supplied by Gestdatos
SUMMARY – DATA PROTECTION LAW (LOPD) (Ley Orgánica de Protección de datos de Carácter Personal)
WHAT THE LAW STATES The Law (LOPD) aims to guarantee and protect the data and fundamental of individuals to their personal and family privacy.
(LOPD 15/199; Royal Decree 12/2007 approved as law 15/1999; Effective APRIL 2008)
SCOPE OF THE LAW ALL companies – private, public and state – whether a one-man business or a subsidiary of a larger enterprise holding and managing personal data, collected in any format (manual, computerised, etc.) have to register these files at the Spanish Data Protection Agency (AEPD).
HOW TO COMPLY WITH THE LAW
1- Security Document: Obligations and protocols regarding data protection
2- Files registration at the AEPD
3- Allow individuals to exercise their ARCO rights (Access, Rectification, Cancelation and Disagreement).
DATA SECURITY LEVELS
Low: Name, telephone, address, email…
Medium: Civil or criminal offences, credit rating, finacial information, health, Social Security data…
High: Religion, beliefs, sexual content, health, race, unions…
Low: 600 to 60,000 €
Medium: 600,000 to 300,000 €
High: 300,000 to 600,000 €
WHY COMPLY?– It’s the law!
– 100% fee RECOVERY for companies with employees
– A 15% of fee REDUCTION on Income Tax
– It’s an ASSET for your company
GESTDATOS Services We can ensure your compliance with the LOPD. Our services:
– Thoretical – Practical training Course
– Preparation of the “Security Document”
– File registration at the AEPD
– Auditing and consulting on files and security to ensure continued compliance
– Updated course every year, incorporating ongoing revisions to the LOPD
– Assistance in defence against denunciations